The following scenarios are intended to provide examples of acceptable and unacceptable uses of our resources and Services. These examples are not comprehensive but merely illustrations of some types of unacceptable use.
1. You shall comply with all applicable laws or regulations in any country where message services are sent, marketed or provided.
a. If you operate messaging services toward or in Singapore:
- Marketing messages toward Singapore telephone numbers, clients shall comply to the Singapore Do Not Call (DNC) provisions under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) in application from 2 January 2014 and ensure that no marketing messages are sent to Singapore telephone numbers registered with the DNC Registry, and to the Moneylenders Act.
- The Singaporean Government has recently implemented a new legislation, which bans the marketing of Moneylenders via SMS. The new rules related to these marketing exclusions have been included in the existing Moneylenders Act and it specifically states, in section 2.2 (h) of the directive the following: “Notwithstanding paragraph 2.1, the following advertising channels are not permitted: Advertisements in the form of Short Message Service (SMS) messages and e-mails sent to the general public, patrons of the licensee or former patrons of the licensee.” For your convenience, the full directive can be obtained from here: https://www.mlaw.gov.sg/content/dam/minlaw/rom/Moneylenders/Directions%20_%20Moneylenders%20advertisements.pdf
b. If you operate in the EU, the following EU directives (or national implementations) have particular relevance:
- E-Privacy Directive: Directive 2002/58/EC
- Commerce Directive: Directive 2000/31/EC
- Data Protection Directive: Directive 95/46/EC
- Unfair Contract Terms Directive: Directive 93/13/EC
c. If you operate in Australia the 2003 Spam Act applies.
2. The content displayed and/or processed through our Services shall not contain any of the following types of content:
- Content that infringes a third-party’s rights according to applicable law;
- Excessively profane content;
- Hate-related or violent content;
- Content advocating racial or ethnic intolerance;
- Content intended to advocate or advance computer hacking or cracking;
- Other illegal activity, including without limitation illegal export of controlled substances or illegal software;
- Drug paraphernalia;
- Malicious content;
- Other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third-party rights;
3. In addition, you may not and may not allow any third-party, including your End Users, to:
- Encourage any illegal, abusive, or other activities that interfere with our business or activities;
- Attempt to circumvent or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or use the Services in any manner that poses a security or other risk to us, any user of our Services, or any of our or their respective customers;
- Benchmark, tamper with, unauthorized test, reverse-engineer, decompile, or otherwise use the Services in order to find limitations or vulnerabilities or evade filtering capabilities, or any other purpose not authorized by us;
- Use the Services in any manner that may subject us or any third party to liability, damages, loss or danger;
- Launch or facilitate, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any of the Services or any other conduct that adversely impacts the availability, reliability, or stability of the Services;
- Transmit any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs;
- Use the Services in any manner that violates industry standards; any third party policies or requirements that we may communicate to our customers including any usage requirements;
- Use the Services in connection with any unsolicited or harassing messages (commercial or otherwise) including unsolicited or unwanted phone calls, SMS or text messages, voice mail, or faxes;
- Use the Services to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses or phone numbers;
- Use the Services to engage in or in connection with fraudulent activity;
- Use the Services to transmit any material that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties;
- Use the Services to transmit any material that is libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity;
- Create a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call;
- Use the Services, or any component of the Services, in any manner not authorized by us;
We encourage you to report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to us immediately. If you have a question about whether a type of use of our Services may violate the Acceptable Use Policy, you can contact us.