We are looking for an experienced accountant to join our team in Thailand. Based in our Thailand office, you will be responsible for supporting the global finance team with a full spectrum of accounting.
To be successful in this role, you should come from a good accounting background with 2-3 years of international exposure and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
You should also ideally have some prior experience working with remote teams; with the aim of meeting and exceeding the expectations of our business objectives and contributing to our company’s success in the long run.
- Generate clients’ traffic report from Admin system
- Generate and issue monthly invoices from clients
- Monitor AR Collection
- Submit a weekly report of collection data
- Update and ensure top-up credit on the data collection from the bank records
- Email Reminder / Statement to clients
- Compute Traffic report of Suppliers / Carriers from Admin system
- Prepare Suppliers report for comparison vs Admin system
- Prepare and issue payment for trade and non-suppliers
- Ensure proper process & filing of supplier invoices
- Check and prepare General journal for staff claims and/or card expenses according to the accounts type in the accounting system.
- Update cash book daily
- A weekly update of Bank reconciliation and cash position
- Monthly update of Bank reconciliation and cash position
- Generate and prepare VAT / Withholding Tax / Other Tax matters
- Ensure all journal entries are allocated correctly to the chart of accounts
- Keep track of all Fixed assets registered
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of the monthly payroll
- Maintenance of employee data
- Handle claims submission and reimbursement
- Support the Office Admin in travel and office equipment purchases
- Review and ensure accuracy of approved advances, travel, and overtime claims;
- Maintain a proper document control system
- Liaise with bank / auditor / secretary / Tax matters
- Any other Ad-hoc and administrative assignment
Reports to Finance (HQ)
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles, processes, and controls
- Be responsible for timely month-end and year-end closing process and presentation of monthly reports
- Meet financial accounting objectives such as the coordination and completion of annual audits
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Applicants must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong, self-starter initiative and a positive attitude
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in handling and generating payroll according to local regulations is a must.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills- comfortable to communicate/ liaise with everyone in the company.
- Knowledge of cross border intercompany billings with at least 3 years of experience
- Proven track record and work experience as an account that manages the full spectrum of accounting.
- Understanding of local compliance law of local taxes (VAT, W-Tax and Commercial tax)
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Auditing or related fields.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and one APAC language is advantageous.
- Min 4-5 or more years of relevant working experience in similar capacity/position
- Preferably CPA Certified
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header containing: “Accountant (VN)”.