Working with partners to provide global and regional routes that are both cost-effective and reliable is essential to our success. Wavecell is looking for Individuals who are experienced in managing carrier partner relationships for both regional and international SMS to contribute and grow with us.
This will be a team contributor role and will require at least 2 years’ experience working with telecommunications carriers and aggregators. The candidate should be familiar with the nuances of the SMS aggregation business, the way routes are managed, the major SMS players and particularly with the Southeast Asian Mobile market.
Familiarity with the acquisition of various routes, knowledge of in-country SMS features, regulations, and markets, the ability to speak and work with a local language will be added advantages.
- Managing partnerships with Carriers, Mobile Operators and SMS Aggregators Partners;
- Ensuring Wavecell has the best cost, quality, reliability, features, and support in the responsible territories through regular communication and negotiations;
- Providing up-to-date market and competition knowledge, and regulations and trends;
- Work with existing partners to expand coverage and footprint;
- Work with wholesale team to manage the bilateral relationship for optimal benefit to Wavecell;
- Work with Sales to identify opportunities and build new destinations and features competitively;
- Monitoring and analyzing traffic and business performance pro-actively;
- Optimize routing and delivery worldwide;
- Processing price changes promptly;
- Coordinate with suppliers and operations team to investigate and remedy issues when needed;
Desired Skills and Experience:
You have 5+ years of work experience, with at least 2 years working in international telecommunications carrier relations.
You have competent knowledge in the international and regional A2P messaging market.
Experience working with an SMS aggregator commercially and technically is a strong advantage.
You are a pro-active team player, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to work with cross-functional global teams.
You are a hands-on doer; able to generate and follow leads, close deals, manage the ongoing partnership and drive the business forward.
You are able to forecast, analyze, and execute go-to-market strategies in order to achieve goals.
Relevant experience in the Asia Pacific region and the ability to speak some local languages would be highly beneficial.
You possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
You have a strong sense of responsibility, initiative, and commitment.
Regular travel is expected.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Written and verbal fluency in English and one Asian language would be advantageous.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header containing: “Carrier Relations Specialist”.
- Please note that only candidates who are already based in Singapore will be considered.