Wavecell, an 8×8 company, is a leading Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider. We help businesses transform their customer communications experience by leveraging on our SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice solutions; packaged in a single cloud-based multi-channel platform. Our solutions are available as APIs and ready-to-use SaaS tools, empowering developers and enterprises alike to build better services.
About the role
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to take part in the development of our communication platform.
You will be part of the Engineering team, responsible for automated deployments, ensuring the highest reliability and scalability of our production services and efficiently manage our cloud platform infrastructure.
Our ideal candidate is a professional with experience in automating deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems.
He/she requires a broad knowledge of systems, servers, load balancers, storage, security, networking and some background in programming.
We are using cloud infrastructure (AWS), containerization, CI and CD process.
- Automate builds, deployments and other aspects of release lifecycle
- Maintain and improve cloud platform infrastructure and configure auto-scaling
- Architecture and develop Docker-based infrastructure
- Find solutions to problems that disrupt the availability, performance, and stability of our systems
- Work in conjunction with the development and operations team to understand requirements for functionality, performance, and security of applications
- Explore and maintain an understanding of the internal architecture and client requirements to our applications
- Manage the processes of deployments using blue-green deployment pattern whenever possible
- Implement the tools and processes for monitoring servers and services
- Ensure proper backup and restore when a failure occurs
- Suggest ways to improve and reduce operational costs with adaptive performance tuning
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies, collaborate across the company
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience
- Practical experience of building and operating platform in AWS (EC2, ECS, ELB, VPC)
- Experienced in Jenkins
- Strong experience in managing high-load and auto-scaling production environment
- Programming experience in any scripting language (like Python)
- 7+ years of experience working on admin level with Linux and Windows
- Experience working with configuration management frameworks like Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Strong experience in managing cluster setup of RabbitMQ, Redis, Mongodb.
- Strong in Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with Terraform and Spinnaker
- Familiar with ELK stack and central log management
- Cloud monitoring tools
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, in close collaboration with developers
- A Degree in Engineering from a leading university
If you think you are the right profile, please send an application letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header: “DevOps Engineer (SG)”.