About the role
- We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to take part in the development of our communication platform.
- You will be part of the Engineering team, responsible for automated deployments, ensuring the highest reliability and scalability of our production services and efficiently manage our cloud platform infrastructure.
- Our ideal candidate is a professional with experience in automating deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems.
- He/she requires a broad knowledge of systems, servers, load balancers, storages, security, networking and some background in programming.
- We are using cloud infrastructure (AWS), containerization, CI/CD process.
- Automate builds, deployments and other aspects of release lifecycle
- Maintain and improve cloud platform infrastructure and configure auto-scaling
- Architecture and develop Docker-based infrastructure
- Find solutions to problems that disrupt the availability, performance, and stability of our systems
- Work in conjunction with the development and operations team to understand requirements for functionality, performance, and security of applications
- Explore and maintain an understanding of the internal architecture and client requirements to our applications
- Manage the processes of deployments using blue-green deployment pattern whenever possible
- Implement the tools and processes for monitoring servers and services
- Ensure proper backup and restore when a failure occurs
- Suggest ways to improve and reduce operational costs with adaptive performance tuning
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies, collaborate across the company
Desired Skills and experience
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, in close collaboration with developers
- Practical experience of building and operating platform in AWS (EC2, ECS, ELB, VPC)
- Experienced in Jenkins
- Strong experience in managing high-load and auto-scaling production environment
- Programming experience in any scripting language (like Python)
- 7+ years of experience working on admin level with Linux and Windows
- Experience working with configuration management frameworks like Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Strong experience in managing cluster setup of RabbitMQ, Redis, Mongodb.
- Strong in Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with Terraform and Spinnaker
- Familiar with ELK stack and central log management
- Cloud monitoring tools
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required
- Good communication skills
- Great team player
- Methodical and logical
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Persistent. Creative
- Problem solver
- Right tools for the right job
- Work on own initiative in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header containing: “DevOps Engineer (Singapore)”.