Wavecell’s mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels into their products and applications. We provide cloud-based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. Services include global SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice.
We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly, and we are hiring talents seeking challenges and fun.
Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and others. Our ambition is to become the APAC leader in Cloud Communications API services.
At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative startup environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
About the job
We are seeking an experienced and talented Product/Project Manager with a strong technical background. As part of the Engineering team, you will work closely with our business and technology teams to plan, communicate the roadmap for API-drive products, tools, reports, and enhancements and develop real-time communication services of the future.
- Be accountable for Product Release/Planning transforming the product vision into release backlogs;
- Participating in an Agile team in the role of product owner for a set of products where you will be responsible for driving the full product development lifecycle;
- Maintaining product backlog and participating in scrum ceremonies (daily scrums, planning, design, and retrospectives);
- Participating in engineering architecture and direction, participating in design and code reviews
- Driving Demo to Business and UAT, ensuring acceptance of deliverables;
- Establishing, maintaining and tuning processes to ensure Team efficiency. Provide process improvement recommendations that are based on best practices and industry standards;
- Generating new or unique solutions and embracing new ideas that help to grow the company’s product;
- Maintaining correct project time frames, estimates, and status reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of being a software developer in the past
- 2+ years of product management for a technology company, from kick-off to launch
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban. Knowledge about backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories, etc.
- Experience with programming and web building technologies
- Experience with making data-driven decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Focus on the details of solving each business problem correctly
- Strong conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking skills and thrilled to be solving problems
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to recognize opportunities to create distinctive business value
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills; demonstrates the ability to build trust and strong relationships
- Strong communication and presentation and leadership skills – able to work with a cross-functional team of developers/QA/UI/UX/business stakeholders
- A Degree in Engineering from a leading university
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required
- Competitive salary with attractive bonus
If you think you are the right profile, please send an application letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header: “Engineering Manager”.