Wavecell, an 8×8 company, is a leading Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider.
We help businesses transform their customer communications experience by leveraging on our SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice solutions; packaged in a single cloud-based multi-channel platform. Our solutions are available as APIs and ready-to-use SaaS tools, empowering developers and enterprises alike to build better services.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to take part in the development of our core platform. You will be a part of the engineering team, developing real-time communication services of the future.
We are looking for someone who can code but also bring significant value to the architectural decisions to ensure the development of high performance, reliable and scalable services.
- Improve and maintain Wavecell’s core communication platform
- Develop new services and APIs to meet business needs
- Refactor source codes as necessary, write unit tests and plan integration testing
- Research on new technologies, evaluate, prototype and plan improvements for the platform
- Write technical specs for new services and conduct training sessions for other teams
- Collaborate across the company
Desired Skills and experience:
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Good knowledge and experience in Java, object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Think Multi-threaded! Knowledge of concurrency models and best practices
- Good knowledge of message queuing technologies (like RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux, Git, SQL, CI tools, RESTful web services
- Experienced in agile methodologies
- Good knowledge of Java executor services, Functional interfaces, Lambda expressions, Streams etc.
- Experienced in developing highly scalable distributed systems using Java / Scala / C++ targeting multi-core environments
- Experience in Akka.io, Spring.io, Vert.x, Reactive systems, Apache Spark, Play! Framework or any other Java micro web frameworks.
- Some knowledge or experience in one of these stacks: Go, C#, .NET framework and MSSQL
- Native Mobile app development know-how (iOS, Android)