This newly created Talent Acquisition Specialist role will join our global Human Resource team as one of the go-to-expert, specializing in Recruitment across the APAC region, which includes locations in Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Australia.
As the growth of Wavecell destinations continues, you will be challenged to attract and retain a
skilled, competent and professional workforce across the whole organization globally. You will
contribute by identifying and securing the best available talent, with an eye toward offering the best in class candidate experience as well as developing a close partnership with our hiring managers to effectively further our business objectives.
This role, based in Singapore, reports to the Head of People of Wavecell, an 8×8 company.
We are looking for a naturally curious, dedicated, detailed-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. A strategic, innovative professional who is progressive and can lead from the front by being authentic, agile, connected and technologically bold in all areas of recruiting.
You will own the entire recruiting cycle; from req creation to candidate offer and will be contributing to the growth of the CPaaS business regionally and globally. In order to be successful, you must be able to multitask and work well with a dynamic team, demonstrate strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Implement innovative and proven strategies to source highly qualified and diverse
candidate pool; proactively research and investigate new ideas and tools to source passive
candidates (including candidates engagement within a pre-hire assessment screening model)
- Fully responsible for proactively directly sourcing and delivering top talent in the market to your hiring managers
- Provide hands-on, full-cycle/end-to-end recruitment
- Review and screen all internal and external applications
- Meet established metrics for sourcing, offers and hires
- Responsible for pre-employment onboarding; conducting reference and social media checks
- As part of the Talent Acquisition team, your main responsibilities require you to perform the full recruitment cycle with a good understanding of the business operations and needs. Your the role encompasses the following but not limited to: Sources, recruits, screens, interviews and recommends external and/or internal candidates for all level jobs, including entry-level, experienced professionals, support staff and hourly and possibly management
- Analysis of current recruitment operations, procedures, processes and suggest improvements to ensure best in class delivery
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate and concise records and reports concerning all phases of the recruitment process
- Build strong, consultative relationships with hiring managers to create a partnership that produces success and credibility. Provide expertise on the employment market and trends to hiring managers.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with candidates, providing timely follow up, feedback and correspondence, as required, and ensure momentum, is maintained through the selection process.
- Consult hiring managers on market conditions, candidate availability, and recruitment options.
- Conduct 30-60-90 day review meetings with the Hiring Manager to proactively identify and eliminate obstacles to the successful completion of the campaign.
- Take part in and manage on-going Talent Acquisition projects.
- Ad-hoc basis of participation in career fairs, networking events and local recruiting events.
- Promote recognition of Wavecell (8×8) as the employer of choice in the marketplace, as well as with channel partners (e.g., agencies, social networks, associations, etc.)
- Involvement in Employment Branding initiatives and activities
- Work with our compensation team to understand and be able to articulate the value of total rewards packages.
Desired Skills and experience
- Minimum 5-8 years related experience in Recruitment (In-house/agency) in APAC (particularly Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Australia)
- Possess strong knowledge of local employment laws
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work autonomously within established procedures and practices, analyzes complex
problems and delivers solutions where precedent may not exist
- Previous experience using creative and innovative sourcing techniques to identify talent in
candidate short and challenging functions
- Committed to constant improvement and best practices
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills to influence and work well with
- Solid understanding of the cloud technology and instantly anticipate market needs and act
- Proficiency in English and another Asian language (Mandarin, Thai, Bahasa, Vietnamese,
Japanese) is highly advantageous
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Human Resource Management or any other related fields
- Singaporean or Singaporean PR only
Note: You may apply directly via LinkedIn, however, you will be required to attach the following:
Updated Resume / CV or you may also send your resume to email@example.com with the subject header containing: Talent Acquisition Specialist – (LinkedIn).