Wavecell, an 8×8 company, is a leading Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider. We help businesses transform their customer communications experience by leveraging on our SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice solutions; packaged in a single cloud-based multi-channel platform. Our solutions are available as APIs and ready-to-use SaaS tools, empowering developers and enterprises alike to build better services.
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to take part in the daily operations of our communications platform.
You will be part of the Customer Support & Operations team, responsible for the technical support and monitoring of our real-time, cloud-based infrastructure.
This role sits in Cebu, Philippines, and reports to the team lead of CSO.
Our ideal candidate will have a professional technical support background or come from similar systems administration, NOC or operations roles.
You will become part of our 24/7 shift schedule to ensure around the clock, first-class technical support for our customers.
- Provide reactive and pro-active customer support to ensure the best quality of service.
- Address customer service desk queries rapidly and collaborates with our technical teams on more complex queries.
- Monitor, resolve and escalate cloud infrastructure-related issues.
- Interact with our customers’ and partners’ developers and support teams to resolve service delivery problems.
- Complete technical integrations for customers and partners.
- Perform daily checks, troubleshooting, and testing to ensure full availability or our APIs and services.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Sales and Procurement teams to improve products and processes.
Desired Skills and experience
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- 1-5 years of experience in professional technical support, systems administration, NOC or Operations role.
- Experience working in a changing and fast-paced startup environment.
- Familiar with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) related issues.
- Excellent judgment to prioritize customer issues based on their urgency and severity.
- The ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation.
- Fluency in English – written and verbal
- Fluency in other Asian languages (e.g. Bahasa Indonesia, Vietnamese, Chinese or Thai etc.) is advantageous.
- A great team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & multitasking skills.
- Work on own initiative in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment.
- Working knowledge of Linux / UNIX system administration.
- Competent with SQL.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure and SAAS or CPaaS technologies.
- SMS technology, APIs, SMPP, SS7, SIP and understanding of Telecom
Please send an application letter and your resume to email@example.com with subject containing: “Technical Support Engineer – Cebu”.