Wavecell, an 8×8 company, is a leading Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider. We help businesses transform their customer communications experience by leveraging on our SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice solutions; packaged in a single cloud-based multi-channel platform. Our solutions are available as APIs and ready-to-use SaaS tools, empowering developers and enterprises alike to build better services.
About the role
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to develop and strengthen relationships to advance the business. This can mean building cross-functional teams within the organization by connecting personnel across business lines or managing external vendor and supplier relations. This role, based in Singapore, reports to the VP of Global sales of, Wavecell, an 8×8 company.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
- Business development manager with CPaaS / Cloud services / Mobile messaging experience, based in our Singapore office.
- This role suits a solid background of direct sales and key customer management.
- Be a credible sales professional selling Wavecell’s cloud communication services to Enterprises.
- Generation and development of outbound leads and new business opportunities.
- Hands-on experience in building strong business relationships with mid-level and senior executives across marketing, customer service, customer experience, and digital transformation.
- Ability to generate new business and on-board new logos. In addition, to also up-sell and cross-sell by managing his/her portfolio of accounts. This role is both hunting and farming.
- Focused on winning the most relevant key players (direct sales) in a key market segment where we can succeed. e.g. e-Commerce, fin-tech, travel, retail and logistics, Transportation, etc.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with key accounts and interact at all levels within the customer’s organization
- Actively and successfully manage the entire sales process
- Manage and develop the sales pipeline, ensuring all sales administration is kept up-to-date ( CRM & reports )
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts, and any further documentation
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities to Wavecell are captured and explored.
- Having individual responsibility for new business and is expected to be self-directed.
- Be able to handle sales objection, CXO & CS conversations, rallying industry executive relationships, negotiate and close deals.
Requirements and skills
- 8+ years of experience driving direct enterprise sales in a reputable software or SaaS company. Previous experience in the mobile or internet industry is highly beneficial.
- Strong sales discipline and willingness to lead pipeline and internal sales processes which might require admin effort. Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Experience with contracting and negotiating.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, initiative, and commitment
- Excellent overview of the business to closely track industry and product trends to stay at the top of the game
- Resourceful, strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and cope with the pressure
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a leading institute.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header containing: “Business Development Manager (LinkedIn)”.