Wavecell, an 8×8 company, is a leading Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider. We help businesses transform their customer communications experience by leveraging on our SMS, Chat Apps, Video Interaction and Voice solutions; packaged in a single cloud-based multi-channel platform. Our solutions are available as APIs and ready-to-use SaaS tools, empowering developers and enterprises alike to build better services.
About the Role
We are looking for a Pre-Sales Technical Engineer who has experience with Mobile Messaging, Cloud Services, or Mobile Technology, has international exposure and enjoys working in a fast-growing cloud communications company. This role will be based in our Hong-Kong office and reports to the Pre-Sales Engineering Manager.
The Solution Engineering Manager will be responsible for all various technical aspects related to customer needs. This role will be involved in presale and post-sale technical activities.
The candidate needs to demonstrate hands-on experience in supporting solution selling as well as a technical understanding of the customer environment acting as a telecom consultant. This the candidate will have to set up a team in South East Asia with a primary focus in Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines.
We are looking for a team player who has a passion for selling innovative, disrupting products and a deep understanding of the mobile cloud communications industry.
- Supporting the Sales Team with any technical-related topics during pre-sales activities by identifying technical challenges and solutions and assisting to present services and solutions to the customer or partner
- Responding to tenders and requests for technical information in a timely manner
- Identifying current and future customer service requirements by establishing the right connections with potential and actual customers
- Acting as a Telecom / Solutions consultant by making sure all technical matters are managed and under control
- Taking full ownership and accountability of all technical sales processes and matters
- Validating correct and clear delivery process for Wavecell with compliance to customers or partners’ expectations
- Acting as the internal technical reference or point of contact for all customers’ technical matters
- Capturing technical requirements that are relevant to Wavecell’s Product department
- Creating and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts, and other technical documentation
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Ideally 5 years of technical pre-sales role in the Mobile or Telecom industry with at least 3 years of experience in a field facing role. Previous experience in the mobile messaging industry is highly beneficial
- Technical know-how to understand complex telecom cloud-based solution
- Able to meet tight deadlines, follow up on commitments, and take disciplinary action wherever appropriate
- Good presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills with strong selling and sales aptitude
- Strong sense of responsibility, initiative, and commitment
- Excellent overview of the business to closely track industry and product trends to stay at the top of the game
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Customer-driven focus and excellent people skills to establish a good rapport with customers
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and persuasive skills across all levels
- Resourceful, strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and cope with the pressure
- A strong team player with excellent personal relationship skills
- Independent with hands-on personality
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Experience in a Service or Product industry will be an advantage
- Written and Verbal fluency of English and Mandarin is required (Fluency in Cantonese is advantageous.)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in telecom/engineering
Please send an application letter and your resume to email@example.com with subject containing: “Pre-Sales Engineering Manager”